Thursday, July 9, 2020

Corti Brothers Sandwiches


Jenn told me to try Corti Bros sandwiches because I had a hankering for something fresh. I'd never heard of it, but Jenn said it was very highly regarded so I went ahead and drove out there. Corti Bros is near Sacramento State - not an area that I go to too often for food, but if there are places like Corti Bros around there... I'm definitely going more often!

Food -
So it turns out that Cori Bros is actually a grocery store with a killer deli section. The store itself looks to be on the older side of things, but I like the feel of it quite a bit. It's not sleek and modern, but feels like a nicely run grocery store from yesteryear. Before I talk about the sandwich I got here, I have to mention that I was impressed with the food selection at the store. They had a nice selection of local breads to select from as well as some items I have not seen at the places I shop at for groceries. I ended up picking up some things besides the sandwich I wanted to try!

As for the sandwich, it was large, filling, and very fresh tasting. It was exactly what I wanted today and I loved every bite. I chose a nice, crunchy sourdough roll. The roll had a nice semi-crunchy exterior with a softer inside. It held the large sandwich together well, but it wasn't a lot of work to chew through. All the ingredients were stacked high in the sandwich.

The meat inside had a thicker cut that normal. I am someone who enjoys very thinly sliced meat, so I was skeptical at first when I saw the size of the meat. My apprehension disappeared when I bit into the sandwich. Despite the thickness of the meat, it wasn't tough or chewy. The meat was satisfying without feeling too heavy as thick meats often do. It was a pleasant surprise that I appreciated greatly. 

As an extra treat to myself I added both avocado and bacon to the sandwich. It was a total splurge and half of it was worth it. The avocado was the better of the two. It brought in that buttery avocado flavor and heightened the sandwich for me. The bacon was a colder, thick cut bacon that actually added to the chewiness of the sandwich in a negative way. It wasn't too bad tasting or anything, it just wasn't needed. I would have preferred a crispy hot piece of bacon in there. Live and learn, I guess!

Service/Atmosphere - 
The service was great! I really liked the system that Corti Bros had for ordering the sandwiches. For those introverts out there, this should be right up your ally! The deli has a section with slips of paper and pencils for you to fill out the exact sandwich you want. Just put in the information and set it in the basket and it will get picked up and made! Simple! There is even a space at the bottom for you to write in any special instructions. The whole operation is very organized. It has to be, I guess, as otherwise there would be absolute pandemonium at high volume times.

Price -
My sandwich with the added avocado and bacon didn't come cheap. In total it was $11.99 - quite high for a sandwich. I'd say that you'll pay a little premium for a sandwich here than some other places... but not too much higher as sandwich prices have definitely risen the past few years. I just had a meal from Sourdough and Co. a couple weeks ago and my soup and sandwich meal was seventeen dollars. Yikes.

Special Tips and Recommendations -
If you're really in a hurry, you can go to their online site to order from. There was a big board at the deli stating where online orders could be picked up. Seems really convenient. I wasn't sure a place like Corti Bros would have an online system, but they do!

Bottom Line - 
Corti Bros is an excellent place to get a sandwich in Sacramento. It's a grocery store, so it might not be the most obvious choice for a good deli sandwich, but it's a place that I highly recommend! And go do some shopping while you're at it!

Letter Grade

A


This sandwich is THICK!

No comments:

Post a Comment