Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Delish Pizza takes over the old Pizza Hut location in Woodland


Recently the Pizza Hut in Woodland closed down. Now the closest Pizza Hut is way out in Sacramento, which is inconvenient because Pizza Hut used to have a free pizza program for kids who read books during the school year. That whole thing is now out the window! In its stead, Delish Pizza has taken root. It wasn't on the plan to try, but according to Yelp, it is a great place for pizza. Let's see if they're right!

Food -
Delish Pizza serves up pizza, pasta, wings, and dessert. It's pretty much the standard in pizza joints anywhere in any city in America. As it turns out, there are a few locations scattered across the Sacramento region, with Woodland being one of them.

The pizza honestly reminds me of the pizza from Pizza Guys. From the crust to the toppings, the pizza has a familiarity to it. If I'm being really nitpicky, I would say that the crust here is just a little better than Pizza Guys'. There's a little bit more crunch and a little bit more flavor in this crust. It's not by much, but I could definitely tell.

As for the rest of the pizza, it was just as I expected it to be. It's good, honest pizza that you'd expect - nothing more, nothing less. It's satisfying and the ingredients have a good freshness to them. If you get the pizza here, you'll be satisfied. Is it mind blowing pizza? Nope. But it doesn't have to be, especially at the prices they have.

I have no complaints about the pizza here and would happily order from here anytime I have a craving for a pie. If I'm looking for something really different and special, I'd probably go elsewhere.

Service/Atmosphere -
I ordered the pizza online so there wasn't much to the experience inside. The person at the register greeted me and got my pizzas right to me very quickly. The interior of the restaurant is very small, just a counter with a menu above it so there's nothing to write home about in terms of atmosphere.

Price -
Make sure you check online for their deals. I was able to get a large specialty pizza and a one topping pizza for under $30. The pizzas are of good size so those guys will last me multiple meals. Delish Pizza is right on par with places like Pizza Guys and Pizza Hut. Pricing is very similar - definitely under Round Table pricing.

Special Tips and Recommendations -
If you come in and pick up your pizza, and your order is over $20, you get a free 2-liter bottle of soda! If you're ordering from Delish, chances are that you're in Woodland anyways, so might as well save the delivery charge AND get something for free!

Bottom Line - 
Delish Pizza is a no nonsense place to get a good pizza pie. I can scarf down slices of Delish easily as it is exactly the quality and price I look for in an everyday pizza.

Letter Grade

B


On the corner of a small strip mall shopping plaza.


The crust is medium in every way.

No comments:

Post a Comment