Sunday, December 22, 2019

Jollibee on Mack Road


I've been wanting to try Jollibee for a while now, and I just happened to be doing a job and saw it across the street - what luck! Jollibee is a Filipino based fast food restaurant known for its fried chicken. Though chicken is what Jollibee is known for, they have a variety of food items on the menu such as spaghetti, hamburgers, and hotdogs!

Food -
When talking about Jollibee you have to talk about the chicken. Fried chicken is one of my favorite foods and Jollibee does it right! The chicken is hand breaded and fried to a perfect light crunch crisp. The skin is absolutely perfect and it isn't very greasy feeling. It definitely has its own signature feel that makes it unique. Interestingly, Jollibee only offers dark meat pieces of chicken like drums and thighs. Asian tastes tend toward dark meat as it contains more flavor, but I'm more of a white meat guy. Man... I would love to try their fried version of wings and breasts! Maybe one day!

I got a two piece chicken meal with two sides and a drink. I chose the adobo rice and corn. The corn was your typical kernel variety. It was good and exactly as it should be, but nothing special. The adobo rice, however, was excellent. It had a delicious savory flavor that kept me wanting to come back for more. I combined with the the gravy they give you and it was a match made in heaven!

To get it all down I chose their pineapple drink. This was totally better than getting a soda. The pineapple flavor was balanced very well and went down smooth. There wasn't a hint of tartness to the drink which I find occurs too often in westernized flavors. If you want this, they give it to you in a special cup different than that used for fountain drinks. They also have it behind the counter rather than at the soda machines.

For dessert I had the peach mango pie. This is a must get in my opinion. The peach mango pie is like the type you would find at McDonalds, but it's fried more crispy. The filling is similar to the pineapple drink in that it has a very smooth, well-balanced flavor. I could eat 2 or 3 of these with no problem. I actually left the restaurant wanting to buy more. I just didn't want to wait in the line.

Also on the menu is spaghetti. The spaghetti seems like a pretty popular item as I saw many people ordering it. I would like to try this on my next visit. From what I've heard, the spaghetti here has a sweet taste that is different that what you'd expect. I'm intrigued!

Service/Atmosphere - 
I found the service at Jollibee to be excellent. It was my first time at the restaurant and the cashiers were very friendly and patient. They helped me navigate the menu. I found it cute that they inserted the word "Jolli" into their speech. I guess this is part of how this chain does things. I liked it!

As far as atmosphere goes, the restaurant was crowded! Jollibee is a popular place to eat and the line seemed to continuously fill up. I even had a hard time finding a seat as just about the entire restaurant was full.

Price -
Being a fast food restaurant, Jollibee doesn't break the bank. The prices are reasonable here and are about what you'd expect to pay going to a place like KFC or Popeye's. I ordered some extra food and my bill only came out to a little over eleven dollars.

Special Tips and Recommendations -
The gravy here at Jollibee is really good. I'd suggest using it not only for the chicken, but any other savory items you have. It makes a great sauce and dip!

Bottom Line - 
I'm so happy that I had the chance to finally try out Jollibee. The fried chicken is top notch and reasonably priced! My only wish is that they had white meat options as well.

Letter Grade

A


Drumstick and thigh two piece combo.


Adobo rice as a side.


Pineapple drink comes in this clear cup.


Peach mango pies is a MUST GET!

No comments:

Post a Comment