Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Thai Farm House BBQ and Bistro on Broadway


Finding new Thai places in town is a lot of fun. Thai food is delicious, and I love comparing how the different restaurants around town do their dishes. I initially found out about Thai Farm House BBQ and Bistro from a Yelp search. It caught my attention because it had a 4.5 star rating with over 350 reviews at the time. With a rating that good, I just had to find out for myself what the fuss was all about!

Food -
The menu at Thai Farm is full of traditional Thai favorites. Most of the dishes here you'll find at other Thai places. If you're looking to satisfy your craving for pad thai or pad see ew, they have it here and it should give you exactly what your'e looking for. When I go to a Thai place for the first time I usually try their pad thai out first because I personally feel it is a good indicator of the food in general at the restaurant. While I did enjoy the pad thai, I felt that it was a little too zingy for me at times. Having flavor that pops is one thing, but the pad thai here was a bit much in terms of flavor. I still enjoyed it, but I think toning it down just a little would be even better.

The pad see ew was absolutely perfect. It came out piping hot and the savory balance of flavors in the dish was spot on. It was my favorite thing that I had there during my visit. A third entree that we ordered was a BBQ beef dish for my son. I got this because my kid loves meat, and also because I wanted to try out some of the non-traditional dishes. The word BBQ is also in the name of the restaurant so I thought I'd better get something from this category of food!

The BBQ beef was good - it had some nice grill marks on it and came in strips. The real star of the dish were the sauces. The sweet and sour sauce was especially a hit with the kid. He loved it and kept wanting more and more of it. My only complaint about his dish were the veggies that came with it. I prefer nicely cooked through veggies so that they are softer and tender. The veg in the traditional Thai dishes were just that way. These, however, were less cooked so that they had a more crunchy texture to them. I suppose that's the idea of the dish, but I would have preferred them cooked longer.

The Thai iced tea was excellent. It had a sweet taste, but with tea flavor shining through it. It wasn't as orang-y as some other Thai iced teas that I've had. It also wasn't as heavy tasting, which I appreciated. Overall it was one of the better Thai iced teas that I've ever had. It's definitely worth getting. Check out the recommendation section for a special tip about ordering it!

Service/Atmosphere - 
The atmosphere at Thai Farm BBQ and Bistro is relaxed. The decor has nice wood tones to them and everything is clean. The dining area definitely presents a pleasant atmosphere for dining in.

I also found the service here to be excellent. The servers were very friendly, helpful, and patient. We got everything we needed quickly, and I noticed that they treated all their customers in the same way as they were ordering. There isn't much more you can ask for in both service and atmosphere!

Price -
Prices at Thai Farm BBQ and Bistro are moderate. Entree dishes come in the ten to twelve dollar range. I'd say that portions are decent, but nothing that you would say is large.

Special Tips and Recommendations -
Here's a nice tip for you! If you check in on Yelp, there is currently a special offer for a free Thai iced tea with a purchase of a meal. This is a great way to add this delicious drink to your lunch or dinner! You're welcome!

Bottom Line - 
Thai Farm BBQ and Bistro is a fine addition to the Thai restaurants around town. The prices here are comparable to other Thai places with some great choices on the menu to enjoy. I'd certainly love to visit this restaurant frequently as the food, service, and atmosphere are quite good!

Letter Grade

A -


This is a nice little chalkboard in front of the entrance.


The pad see ew was excellent!


Beef dish with some crunch veggies.



The Thai iced tea. Check out how un-orange it is!



Someone is satisfied with their meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment