Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Las Brasas Brings the Flavor in Woodland


There are so many great Mexican restaurants in Woodland... it's going to take me a while to cover all of them! One of my personal favs is Las Brasas. This taco shop sits in the middle of Woodland's downtown. It's a well-liked restaurant by the community as they serve up delicious tacos, burritos, tortas, and other Mexican dishes!

Food -
I'd say the star food item at Las Brasas are their tacos. Their tacos show off their well-seasoned meats extremely well. Tacos are simple and give the meat a chance to shine. You have the option of getting regular tacos or a super taco. Super tacos add stuff like guacamole and tomatoes. If you like your tacos with a little more on them, then the super version is the one to go for.

On my visit today I tried their super nachos. Let me tell you... this item was HUGE! It was an entire styrofoam to-go box full of nachos and toppings. It was stunning to look at. It's more than enough for a couple of people to share. On it is your choice of meat, nacho cheese, guacamole, fresh salsa, and beans. I loved it, but in all honesty it could have used a bit more nacho cheese. I can never have enough nacho cheese!

This isn't my first time at Las Brasas and I can recommend their quesadillas. Oh my goodness, Las Brasas has amazing, gooey, quesadillas. The cheese stretches out wonderfully as you start tearing into it. It is one of my favorite quesadillas that I've ever had. This is certainly a top pick of mine if I come here.

To wash it all down you can get some soda or a variety of Mexican drinks. I am a huge fan of horchata so I usually go for that!

Service/Atmosphere - 
The atmosphere at Las Brasas isn't fancy or modern. It's your standard taco place. It is well kept and orderly. There is a salsa bar for customers to get salsa and other condiments. Everything is functional - and that's about all you really need.

Service is quick and friendly as well. This is a family owned restaurant and I can feel that there is pride in serving you.

Price -
Las Brasas isn't your cheap taco truck. The prices here are a bit higher than your run of the mill place. For example, my super tacos were about three dollars each. If you're not careful, you can end up spending a lot more than you thought you were going to spend! You'll end up being happy and satisfied, but your wallet will be a bit thinner.

Special Tips and Recommendations -
If you're into crunchy items, give the vampiros a try. I would liken it to a cross between a tostada and a taco. Not many places offer it, but you'll find them at Las Brasas!

Bottom Line - 
Las Brasas is a tasty and satisfying Mexican food experience. It certainly stand out in a town that has a lot of Mexican restaurants around. I've been there many times and I'd happy keep coming back as their food is packed with delicious flavors!

Letter Grade

A


The restaurant is on Main Street in the heart of Woodland.


Super tacos.


Nachos with beef.

No comments:

Post a Comment