Monday, November 25, 2019

Kiki's Chicken Place in Sort of a Sketchy Place


I've heard a few people recommending Kiki's as a delicious place to eat so I felt the need to check it out! Kiki's serves up mainly chicken items such as wings, tenders, and chicken covered fries and tots. Their menu is very enticing, and had me wanting to try just about every item on there. I'm glad I got to check Kiki's out, but will I be making return visits? Read on to find out!

Food -
The food at Kiki's is average in my opinion. For a place that so many people rave about, I found it to be just middling. The loaded up tots were recommended to me by the cashier up front. She said it was their most popular item. It regular size comes with a generous amount of tots smothered with chicken and sauces. It has a lot of flavor, but the sauces can quickly make the tots soggy. And sadly when that happens the dish isn't as enjoyable as it was in the beginning.

Being a chicken wing place, I had to give the wings a shot. I LOVE chicken wings and if I find a place that does them right they will have me as a loyal customer for life! But like the tots, I found the wings to be only average. The chicken was a bit dry. That's not usually that bad, but in this case I just thought the texture wasn't right. This only applied to the wings I had and not the chicken tender pieces that were part of the loaded fries.

From what I gathered, the food here is really packed with flavor - especially the sauces. There's not much that is subtle here.

One thing that I didn't get a chance to try on my visit was the chicken and waffle. That's a favorite of many and it would have been nice to see what that was about.

Service/Atmosphere - 
I loved the service at Kiki's. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The food didn't take too long and came out nice and hot.

The biggest problem with this Kiki's is probably the plaza that it is in. The plaza is quite run down with some questionable people around. I actually saw a shirtless man with a knife out as I exited the lot. So watch yourself if you wanna eat here!

Price -
Kiki's feels a lot like a 'hole in the wall' secret, but the prices are definitely on the higher side. My entire meal was close to twenty bucks. The wings alone were over ten dollars - and I only had 6 of them in total!

Special Tips and Recommendations -
If you end up ordering from their wing menu, you have the option to get 2 different flavors. And the flavor sauces can either be already on the chicken or off to the side.

Bottom Line - 
Kiki's Chicken Place is an average place to get some chicken wings. It's ok, but it hasn't given me any incentive to return to try more of the menu.

Letter Grade

C


Nice signage our front.


A pretty hefty meal for one.



These tots are covered with 'stuff'!

No comments:

Post a Comment