Sunday, November 3, 2019

Woodland Food Truck Mania


Woodland Food Truck Mania takes place usually on the first Sunday of the month. It's a food truck gathering put on by SactoMofo, a popular group that organizes food truck events. I had been to this event many years ago, but it fell off my radar for a little while as Sundays tend to be very busy for me. I enjoyed coming to Food Truck Mania so much that I've decided to carve out more time to make return visits. It's such a great food event that I have to come back!

Food -
I'm sure that the food trucks vary from time to time at this gathering, but the ones that were onsite on my visit were superb. Ma Sarap was there serving up traditional Filipino dishes. Jenn and my mom both got the chicken adobe which had a very authentic Filipno taste. It was definitely something that don't get to experience often. Being a fried food fan, I went for their fried chicken skins. I mean... the skin is the best part! Am I right or am I right? So basically it's just the fried part of fried chicken. It was as delicious as it sounds.

I also was able to try some fried ravioli with meat sauce as well as a gigantic Philly cheesesteak. Both items were perfection. The only bad thing was that my stomach was too small to get everything in. Thankfully, I did save a little room for dessert. I split a large egg puff with fruit and ice-cream with Jenn. The item was made extremely well and was perfect for sharing - a great way to end the meal.

My only regret is that there are far too many great options and only one of me to try and eat all of it. If I see some of the food trucks that were here next time I will be sure to give some new things a try!

Service/Atmosphere - 
The atmosphere was phenomenal. Basically, two streets are closed off to traffic and tables are set up right next to the food trucks. People can order and find a spot to enjoy their food. It gets dark very quickly during the winter months, but that is not a problem. The event organizers set up these giant flood lights to illuminate the area where people are eating. Perfect.

Alongside all of that you'll see entertainment happening around you as well as booths and music to enjoy.

Price -
The food trucks that are at Food Truck Mania aren't on the cheaper side. Most of the meals you purchase will be around the $12-15 dollar range. Drinks are also priced at a premium here. You can end up spending quite a bit of coin if you want to give lots of different items a try.

Special Tips and Recommendations -
I totally recommend coming to this (and other similar events) with a group. That way, people can buy all sorts of different food from different trucks and then try everything family style! It's a great way to budget and get everything you want a taste of.

Bottom Line - 
It's totally worth it to come out to Woodland Food Truck Mania. There's delicious food and a fun and festive atmosphere all around!

Letter Grade

A


The lighting here sets a really nice mood.


Fried ravioli with meat sauce for dipping.


Cheese steaks, lots of options.



I went with the standard cheesesteak.

Chicken sandwich and fries.



Fried chicken skins.



Plenty of places to get dessert.


This was satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment