Sunday, February 17, 2019

The Garden of Eat'n is just like the Garden of Eden!


Roseville is a great location for food. Many of the large chain restaurants are there, but amongst them are little gems like the Garden of Eat'n. It's an unassuming restaurant in a strip mall shopping plaza that boasts deliciously fresh flavors sourced locally. I found this restaurant on Yelp after doing a bit of shopping. I'm so glad I stopped in!

Food -
Garden of Eat'n is a sandwich and wrap place that offers up salads and mac n' cheese as options too. The menu boasts many interesting items that will leave you with a difficult decision on what to get. On my visit to the Garden of Eat'n I eventually decided on their tri-tip and bacon after some serious deliberation in my head. I also ordered their El Diablo mac n' cheese on the side as I rarely see mac n' cheese on menus.

The wrap was excellent and really did taste fresh. You can watch it being made as you cue up in line to the register like they do it at subway. You have a choice between many varieties of wraps. They have spinach, garlic herb, wheat, chipotle, and a gluten free option as well. I went with the garlic herb. I usually am not a fan of wraps, but this one was great. The tortilla wasn't too thick and the vegetables were nice and crunchy. The bacon added some extra flavor and texture making the wrap really sing. This was one of the best wraps that I have personally ever had. The only thing I would change the next time would be to omit the red onions. They really did their red onion thing and left an onion aftertaste for a while.

Garden of Eat'n makes their own sauce for their wraps and sandwiches, but I suggest asking for less sauce if you don't like a ton of it in your food as I found the portion of sauce to be on the higher side. I was ok with it, but others may prefer a more moderate approach.

As for the mac n' cheese, I would say that it is good but not great. To me, great mac n' cheese is really gooey with lots and lots of smooth cheese and soft pasta. The mac n' cheese at Garden of Eat'n was a spiral pasta with a bit of chew on it. It tasted healthier than I wanted it to taste. The good thing, however, is that the portion size for the mac n' cheese is quite large so you can order this as an entree without anything else.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention their awesome soda machine. They have Stubborn Soda on tap. It's a craft soda with unique flavors such as (my favorite) pineapple cream soda. It's fun to pull the lever and pour yourself a drink from it. I'm always impressed when places have options other than the usual.

Service/Atmosphere - 
The atmosphere of Garden of Eat'n is like that of a Subway restaurant. When you walk in you'll see a place to line up to order your sandwich as well as the area where they make your food in front of you. It's not the newest or trendiest looking place, but it certainly gets the job done. It's about what you would expect for a sandwich spot.

The Garden of Eat'n is a popular place to eat in Roseville as evidenced by the amount of people that were there to get food. I was there slightly after the rush hour, but people were still constantly coming in the doors.

I found the service to be on par with what you would expect from any restaurant. The workers were pretty busy making sandwiches and wraps so it was difficult for them to really stop and offer any extra niceties. And that's totally ok as they had a job to do.

Price -
Expect to pay between nine and twelve dollars for a sandwich or wrap. I'd say the pricing is average to a little above average for sandwiches. I would consider Garden of Eat'n a more premium sandwich maker so I find what they ask to be reasonable. The prices really aren't that much higher than what places like Togos and Jersey Mikes ask for nowadays.

The mac n' cheese is around six to eight dollars and comes with a good sized portion. I'd say adding it on as a side would be a bit too much, but it would be a good filler meal for a little cheaper than ordering a sandwich.

Special Tips and Recommendations -
I definitely recommend getting the drinks in-house here as their soda fountain is unique. You just don't find these craft sodas on tap in your typical restaurant. Give each flavor a try to see which one you like the best.

Bottom Line - 
Garden of Eat'n is a gem of a place to get fresh sandwiches and wraps. For people who are near the Roseville location, I would consider it a go-to place anytime I was looking for a tasty lunch either eating in or getting it to go. I'm definitely a fan and wish I were closer so I could come more!

Letter Grade

A-


El Diablo mac n' cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment