Monday, February 11, 2019

Jack in the Box Burger Dippers: JUST STAY AWAY!


Food Review -
Jack's Burger Dippers are a fascinating concept that doesn't hit the mark that they are going for. I suppose if they had done it right, it would not be a cost effective item to sell off a fast food menu. What we end up getting are these strange tasting, mushy sticks that leave you not wanting more.

For a fast food item, these Burger Dippers are pretty pricey. You get four sticks for $3. These come in a small fry sleeve and, according to the picture on the menu, should be dipped in ranch or ketchup. Sadly, I didn't get a dipping container - but I did at least ask for some ketchup packets at the window while I was there. I'd say the dip is essential as without it, the Burger Dippers leave an unpleasant aftertaste that will haunt you for a while.

In my video below, I was unsure if I should call the taste of this item fake... but it really is. These burger dippers have a fake burger taste. I'm not sure what it is exactly, but they seem like they have just been smothered in some sort of artificial burger seasoning. That's really the entire taste of the Burger Dipper. And that flavor isn't very good.

In terms of texture, the whole thing is just a mushy mess. The outside isn't particularly crispy. It has the texture of a lightly breaded chicken nugget. There isn't much to get your teeth into. In fact, I have no idea what it is my teeth are getting into anyways. Is this supposed to be meat inside?

This item falters in every area.

If I were to create an item like this, I would use real hamburger meat on the inside with onion and pickle, ketchup and mustard, then wrapped with something like a pretzel bun or have the whole thing battered like a corndog. What this is just sucks!

This will hopefully be a limited run item that will soon never see the light of day ever again.

Letter Grade

F -

No comments:

Post a Comment