Friday, July 17, 2020

Zitio Mexican Restaurant in Woodland


Woodland has a ton of Mexican restaurants, and I've been to most of them. Zitio was one that I had not been to yet because its location is in an area that I don't frequent much. I am SO GLAD Jenn suggested that we try this place out. I loved the food here and long story short: I'll be back here again and again and again as the food is just that good!

Food -
Zitio has a small but power packed menu. You can select a from a few appetizers as well as burritos, nachos, street tacos, burrito bowls, and the like. There are many kinds of meats to select from to top off your selection. On our visit to Zitio I got an asada burrito bowl and a chorizo street taco while Jenn chose to get 4 different street tacos.

I started with the chorizo street taco and was absolutely floored by the flavor that was in it. It literally was bursting with savory flavor! The chorizo combined with the radishes and pepper was tantalizingly delicious. I filled myself eating it and I could barely contain myself - it was that good! I kind of want to say it's the best taco I've ever had... or if not best then for sure top three!

The burrito bowl was also excellent. The asada wasn't as flavor packed as the chorizo, but that's a given. The folks at Zitio constructed the bowl so that all the flavors meshed together to create a harmonious melding of all the flavors. I just ate bite after bite and didn't stop until it was completely gone. I told Jenn that I should have ordered more stuff!

Jenn was also very impressed with her tacos. She said that the carnitas were some of the most flavorful that she had ever had.

Woodland does Mexican food right, and Zitio is hands down one of the best!

Service/Atmosphere -
Walking in to the restaurant we were welcomed in a very friendly manner. The servers there were attentive and kind. The food came out quickly with very little wait time. I was impressed with the overall experience there.

Price -
The burrito bowl and other comparable items are a little under $10 each. The appetizers were actually a little more than that. The tacos were about $2.50 or so on average. I'd say the pricing at Zitio is just a smidge higher than other restaurants around town, but not overly high.

Special Tips and Recommendations -
Zitio does their meats right! I'd say to try as many different kinds of meat that you can get. As much as I like the asada (and it is very good), I'd get other meats as they pack in more and better flavors.

Bottom Line - 
I'm pretty sure Jenn and I have found a new favorite Mexican restaurant to frequent in Woodland. Good, flavor packed food is always a huge draw!

Letter Grade

A


When you see this sign, pull in!


I like the branded stickers they put on everything.


Deliciously hot pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment