Tuesday, October 15, 2019

El Patio comes to Davis


A few Woodland restaurants have ventured into the Davis food scene, but not many. El Patio travels down the 113 to give the folks in Davis a taste of their Mexican cuisine. The menu is full of favorites such as burritos, enchiladas, and tacos as well as tortas, Mexican style burgers, and salads. El Patio occupies a prime location in downtown that is hard to miss. Stop in if you'd like to have try what the people of Woodland have been enjoying for years!

Food -
The menu at El Patio is traditional Mexican food with a few special treats thrown into the mix. On my visit to El Patio I really enjoyed the enchiladas. I was able to get one beef and one cheese and they were heavenly. The wrap was soft and the enchilada sauce was perfect. I probably could have eaten double what I got as they were that easy to eat!

The super nachos were also very enjoyable. They come loaded with cheese, guac, sour cream, and the meat of your choice. All this topped a crispy bed of corn chips. The order was perfect for sharing - the entire family went to town on these.

A surprise for me were the fish tacos. The fish inside comes fried to golden perfection in a portion that was a little larger than I expected. The flavor was on point. I also had the shrimp taco, but given the choice I'd go with the fish all day long.

Overall the food at El Patio is quite good - it certainly has a cleaner, less greasy feeling than many other places. If you're into that style of Mexican food I think you'd enjoy El Patio.

Service/Atmosphere - 
Both the service and the atmosphere were top notch at El Patio. My interaction with the staff was excellent and they were very attentive and friendly. I felt that the staff was excited to be in Davis and that they wanted to give great customer service. In terms of atmosphere, I enjoyed the actual 'patio' inside of the restaurant. It's almost as if you're sitting in a neighbor's yard - excellent concept that works well. I found the inside of the restaurant to be very clean - something that I really look for in a place that I eat at.

Price -
Pricing is moderate at El Patio. I would say that the food prices are that of a mid-priced sit down restaurant (which it is). I believe the quality of the food pairs well with the price. Look to pay between nine and twelve dollars per person when enjoying a meal here.

Special Tips and Recommendations -
Not a lot of places have taco salad anymore, but El Patio does. I know of only one other place in Davis where you can get this famed 'salad'. I wouldn't say it's the healthiest option out there, but the fact that it is on the menu is pretty cool. Every so often I really want a taco salad.

Bottom Line - 
El Patio makes a superb addition to the restaurants in Davis. The food there tastes clean and fresh, and the atmosphere in the restaurant matches that as well.

Letter Grade

A-


You'll know you're there when you see this big window decal.


Salsa and condiments for you to partake of.


Super nachos smothered with cheese, guac, and cream cheese.


A duo of fish tacos.




The enchiladas here are legit.



The massive California burrito.



Churros.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, my name is Cesar Torres, creator of a great app http://www.dapitapp.com reason I am commenting is I love your blog. Thanks for supporting local businesses. We created the app to support local as well. I would like to see if we can create an experience with you visiting local businesses.

    ReplyDelete